Re: [SLE] How to setup local IMAP server, and which one ? (with eventual HTTP-feature ?)
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:13:58 -0700
On Thursday 02 December 2004 08:34 am, David SMITH wrote:
> > But don't you then have to be connected to the server to get mail?
>
> Yes, but you can still configure your client to behave the same way as with
> POP (to download each message to the local machine and delete it from the
> server), but with IMAP, you have the choice of downloading it locally and
> deleting from the server, or leaving it on the server.

This begs the question:
I use Kmail in 9.2. I've looked at Evolution and Thunderbird.

The last time I looked at those (kmail included) non of them were able to
leave a copy on the server and also delete off of server when deleted
locally, NOT moved to different folder.

e.g. I have a Saved folder that has subfolders for everything I want to keep.
I use my inbox like a to-do list, as I get through emails, I either file them
under Saved folder or trash them. I'd like a client that is able to
distinguish the difference. So when I move from inbox to Saved, it will
leave a copy on the server for my other clients, and when I delete or move to
trash a message that it will take just that one off of the server.

Do you know if any of these clients can do that yet?

B_)