Re: [SLE] How to setup local IMAP server, and which one ? (with eventual HTTP-feature ?)
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:45:26 -0500
Brad Bourn wrote:
On Thursday 02 December 2004 10:28 am, James Knott wrote:

Did you save to a local or shared folder? As an experiment, while off
line, I moved your message to a shared folder. When I reconnected, it
was moved on the server as well.

hmm, ok, so I'm still thinking POP.

Where sounds like IMAP would duplicate my folder structure on the server and keep in sync that way.. Cool!

This might just work!

It works well. If you create a shared folder on one mail client, it will very shortly appear on the others. Of course, local folders do not.

< Previous Next >