Re: [SLE] Peter Nikolic Ham licensee
  • From: Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:14:38 +0000
On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 21:50, chasm@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> FYI people, since most of you are ignorant of Amateur Radio...
>
> EVERY licensed HAM operator has this information available to the public and
> yes, I am PROUDLY NOT, politically correct. I have no need for people's
> comments about my opinions
OK but you will, I hope, allow a correction of fact.
A licenced Amateur in the UK may opt to withhold his or her details from
publication either wholly in which case the listing is "details withheld
and licence's request" or partially in which case the words "station
located in XXNN (might be just XX) postcode area" are added most UK
post codes being of the XXN(N) NXX type where X in a letter and N a
number. The second part being the most localised.
It should be possible to address a letter in the uk with just the house
number and post code and have it delivered.
Regards Roger G6CKR

< Previous Next >