Re: [SLE] Procmail-Postfix Problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 04:50:58 +0200
On Tuesday, 5 October 2004 00.36, usr@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I tried to attach the very long mail.log file from the evening of 10/3
> until until the following evening but the list bounced my message.

Can't you put it up on a web page, or on an ftp server?

> This is
> driving me crazy !! All I want is to be able to send and receive emails.

One problem is that you have username 'Bob' with a capital 'B', but you have
the root/postmaster alias set to 'bob' with a lowercase 'b'. That won't work,
that's why the error message is bouncing. If you have a lowercase username
'bob', and get a mail addressed to 'Bob', postfix can handle it since it
transforms the address into all-lowercase before it delivers using the local
transport (it works slightly differently with other transports, like cyrus),
but the way you have it won't work. You either need to change your username
from 'Bob' to 'bob' (a very good idea, a lot of programs assume you have a
lowercase username) or you need to change your postfix transport to something
other than postfix's own.

In future, try to use all-lowercase usernames. It'll save you a lot of
headaches