Re: [SLE] mount and an rpc error
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:54:29 +0200
On Wednesday, 6 October 2004 16.09, Patrick B. O'Brien wrote:
> No doubt, this is the client. I desperatly started all nfs daemons, in
> hopes of getting rid of of this RPC obstacle.
>
> I never turned on the firewall or messed with the /etc/allow,deny, never
> had to. What is the firewall daemon?

There is no daemon, but you can check your rules with

iptables -L

If you get a ton of stuff there, then your firewall is running. If so, you
need to either turn it off ("rcSuSEfirewall2 stop" if it's a recent-ish suse
version) or make sure port 111 is allowed through it

Also check on the server, both firewall rules and /etc/hosts.allow
and /etc/hosts.deny to make sure the rules don't block this new client.
(Could easily happen, if the RH client is on a different subnet and that
subnet is explicitly allowed and nothing else, or if the rules explicitly let
through the RH client and nothing else)