Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 01:35:56 -0400
On Friday 08 October 2004 02:54, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> John Andersen wrote:
> I always look at the list volumes around release time. It usually is
> very high with X.0, less with X.1, etc. So I generally agree. I think
> this time the 9.1 seemed more problemetic than 9.0, probably due to the
> Novel buyout.
>
> This is usually not the case though, and have been burned, and had more
> hours burned with X.0 releases of big software like Oracle and various
> UNIX operating systems.

I haven't had a Problem with 9.1. 36 days uptime, FTP server that gets about 3
GB of traffic at a time, and nothing wrong.

One thing I would LOVE in SUSE though, is the ability to play DVDs I own
without having to download anything, and it would be cool to have like 8.2
had where I can play video without downloading more codecs.