Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 01:12:18 -0700
Allen wrote:

I haven't had a Problem with 9.1. 36 days uptime, FTP server that gets about 3 GB of traffic at a time, and nothing wrong.

One thing I would LOVE in SUSE though, is the ability to play DVDs I own without having to download anything, and it would be cool to have like 8.2 had where I can play video without downloading more codecs.

I think lots of people had a good experience with 9.1 and I'm glad you are one of them!

I think the DVD thing won't change until US law does, that's my understanding anyway. One of the first things I always do is d/l, compile and install xine-lib. You also need to compile and install libdvdcss. But you probably already knew that!

Jim