Re: [SLE] Re: new v9.2 is out -- On Topic Again?
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:00:23 -0400
On Saturday 09 October 2004 11:52 am, Kirk Coombs wrote:
> I am using a Beta 5 release right now. I love it! It may be beta,
> but I think it is more stable than 9.1 ever was.

But how do you know that it's more stable, Kirk? It seems that upgrading to
the next version is always a crapshoot with a nontrivial ante. Before people
had experience with it, 9.1 seemed pretty stable, didn't it? (It's been
stable for me, but that doesn't prove anything.)

Actually (and this would confirm your point), my experience has been that the
x.2 releases are generally the most stable of the x.n sequences. Anyone else
here have an opinion about that (he asks laughingly, knowing that opinions on
such matters are not in short supply here)?

Paul