Re: [SLE] Re: new v9.2 is out -- On Topic Again?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:49:43 -0700
Steve,

On Monday 11 October 2004 06:35, Steve Kratz wrote:

> > I am *patiently* (not) awaiting my boxed copy!
>
> This crowd is something of a masochistic bunch, as far as new releases
> go, isn't it? What could be better than 'nuking' your existing stable
> installation of 9.0/1 and install something, more for the enjoyment of
> finding out what's in there than usability :)

There's certainly a class of users (admins, e.g.) for whom early access
and evaluation makes a lot of sense. It's also not universally the case
that an "existing stable installation" must be sacrificed to evaluate a
new release.

> I'm anxiously awaiting that green box too.

I'm waiting to hear what would be sufficiently new and / or improved to
justify the effort of an upgrade. With 9.1 there was the new kernel (plus
the fact that my system had just been nuked, anyway, in a hideous disk
crash).

Randall Schulz