Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:00:07 -0400
Philip Amadeo Saeli wrote:
* John Grant <jmgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004.10.15 06:42]:

Oh, and just to stay on-topic(?).. anyone ever heard of 1108s, 1802s?
Cosmac VIP ring a bell?

[peeking head out of the woodwork ...]

Yup! While at JPL around 1984, messed about some with the
Galileo flight software which ran on a redundant multi-cpu 1802
based system. I was on the Magellan (then was Venus Radar
Mapper) project which, being a low budget project, was using as
much of the Galileo project development as possible.

As I recall, one reason for going with the 1802, was that being CMOS, it was less sensitive to radiation, than the other NMOS CPUs.