Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:17:14 +0200
Sun, 24 Oct 2004, by goreBOFH@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
>
> > Wed, 13 Oct 2004, by gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> > [..]
[..]
> > > So what is a Terminal, and what is a console? Someone help! ;)
> >
> > A bit late, but an answer I haven't seen yet.
[meaning of terminal and console cut]

> From what I'm reading, you can pretty much call any Linux or UNIX machine
> a terminal or Console, as you're using the keyboard too human thing in the
> first part of this, or a cnosole, since you can run X on it then right?

First of all: please be nice to the rest of the list dwellers, and
cut stuff that's not related to your questions/remarks (anymore).
Yes, all systems are also [acting like] terminals if you login with
them, even when you just connect to localhost. And when you use
/dev/tty* to login as 'root' then that's the console.
X has got nothing to do with this.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 27N , 4 29 45E. + ICQ: 277217131