Re: [SLE] (fwd) Re: [SLE] NFS mount not working
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:37:17 +0200
Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>I'm sorry to say this may well lie at the root of your problem. No
>>matter how much the reiserfs proponents may protest otherwise the fs is
>>not fully compatible with nfs.
>
> Oh My GOD! Is this an opinion or authoritative? No. I'm not trolling
> or joking. I decided (on the last rebuild, relatively recently) to
> try Reiser on my primary file server.

It's a personal opinion.

I performed tests with Bonnie and Bonnie++ on my cluster but I didn't
see any bugs (I used nfsstat, netstat -s, ...). I only observed that
when one client loaded the network with Bonnie++, the server became
much less responsive to requests of other clients. (100 Mb/s Ethernet
network, SUSE 9.1, smp kernels)

Problems may exist but I don't think that NFS and Reiserfs are
responsible for the mount failure. I've used NFS and Reiserfs since
9.0 and I haven't had a single problem related to mounting.

--
A.M.