RE: [SLE] Ximian2 - Need the monkey out
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 09:28:40 -0400
On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 08:04, Jesse Pretorius wrote:
> > The install went fine, and Ximian runs fine also. The problem is that
> > installing any new software using Yast results in numerous dependency
>
> You can't uninstall - you have to use Red Carpet for all updates. Just point
> your Red Carpet at one of the public mirrors and look at Open Carpet for
> more repositories.

Or install Synaptic, and then update all of the ximian- packages with
non-ximian packages. Which is what I did, having made the mistake of
using Red-Carpet to upgrade my copy of Evolution, which lost me Glaeon,
which cost me.......

Mike -- who forgot how bad Red-Carpet was, and did a reinstall to fix
the thing