Re: [SLE] 9.1 Yast Online Kernel Update HANGS on ASUS A7N8X-E
  • From: <johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 15:16:24 -0400
In reply:

> > I do not receive any error message, the system just
> stops.
>
> So, what's the last (few) message(s) of the boot process
> that you see on the
> screen when it stalls?

Checking file systems...
fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
--then it covers each partition, all is reported as ok,
--after the last partition no further messages.

As I stated I placed 'echo' statements to see how far
progress was made through the /etc/init.d/boot.localfs
script. Stops at line 114, see prior EMails. Prior to
this output all appears to be the same as the non-Updated
install.

> > I found where it was stopping by adding 'echo'
> statements
> > to the boot.localfs script. I found where to start by
> > searching the boot.* scripts for the console messages.
> > learned to understand the boot process by reading the
> > manual and reading /etc/init.d/README.
> >
> > I did that because SUSE does not appear to me have a
> form
> > and a way to interact with SUSE.
>
> What about sending an e-mail to support@xxxxxxxx or
>
> http://portal.suse.com/PM/page/supportRequest.pm
>
> (you need a valid portal account for the latter). Or
>
> http://www.suse.de/feedback
>
> in order to send technical feedback to our developers?

< Previous Next >