Re: [SLE] virtual ip, what is the right way?
  • From: <johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:47:18 -0400
I can't write instructions off the top of my head but I
just read a book that does a good job. "Linux Routers - A
Primer for Network Administrators - 2nd Edition" by Tony
Mancill ISBN: 0-13-009026-3, $45.00 US. Chapter 3 covers
the 'Silicon' router which has two NICs but can accomidate
more. He is a bit long in his explainations but that
detail leaves little to doubt.

The book is about custom LINUX routers but it does an
excellent job of covering all it takes to do routing and
firewalling using the debian.org distribution. SUSE LINUX
of course could be substituted for debian. The text covers
some advanced internetworking subjects such as using T1,
Frame Relay, and ATM.