Re: [SLE] Printing From Win98 via Samba/CUPS
  • From: Doug B <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 23:07:10 -0500
On Sunday 01 August 2004 10:39 pm, Scott Leighton wrote:

> OK, I changed mine to match yours, restarted both cups and samba
> and tried again. No go.
>

> I'm giving up for tonite, I've banged my head against this for
> hours and hours today, I'm totally exasperated at this point. I'm
> sure it is something simple that I'm not seeing, man is this
> frustrating.....

One last shot in the dark... Have you tried printing with your linux
box lately, just to make sure all is still ok there. I don't reboot
often, but when I do, I have to use yast to redetect my printer.
Usually I have to unplug the usb cable, plug it back in, then redetect
the printer. I still haven't figured that out, and since I seldom
reboot, I won't spend much time on it. Point is, make sure it still
prints locally... just rule that out.

Doug