Re: [SLE] SSL QuickStart
  • From: steve-ss <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:49:27 +0200
On Monday 02 August 2004 16:02, greg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems configuring SSL for a local
> development env.
>
> Previously on 9.0 I just followed the QuickStart method
> and this sufficed.
>
> But doing so with 9.1 isn't working.
>
> Not sure now where to start, for example, 9.1 now has the
> use SSL feature, where I then had to enable the ssl
> (mod_ssl?) module.
>
> And now when restarting I get:

There's a thread and script which Leen wrote 2004-07-02
which explains why it doesn't work in 9.1 if you've altered
the apache files under /etc. The easiest thing is just to
delete and then reinstall apache2 from from source (ftp or
whatever) and then run the quickstart *before you start
playing around.

HTH Steve.