cd burning fails in 9.1
  • From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:37:38 +0100
I am having trouble burning cd's in 9.1, Specifically using cdrecord from aa
konsole or k3b the burn dies and locks up the machine about 80% of the way
through. Using exactly the same hardware I can burn cds in SuSE 9.0 and
Knoppix 3.4 either using the live cd or from a hard disc install.

cdrecord scanbus gives the following warning :
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be
unmaintained.
Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are s low.

Can anybody assist with this please ?

Thanks

Mike