Re: [SLE] <Resolution/Thanks> Sending email via SMTP that is not current dial-up ISP
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:53:00 PDT
I do this with hotpop whose smtp is unreliable. I use hotpop for an
extra address and the smtp from another address all while dialing up via
the primary whose mail itself is sometimes unreliable.

Hacking does not have to be elegant it has to work. Its also fun to make
the unconventional idea work.
Try that in Redmond Washington. :)

CWSIV

On 04 Apr 2004 11:20:11 -0700 Glenn <glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions regarding this.
>
>The problem was that I'd wanted to be able to sent SMTP mail via a
>specific server (while travelling) that was not my current ("on the
>road") ISP.
>
>I've solved this problem by creating another mail profile in Evolution
>that uses both the AT&T SMTP and POP servers, however email sent from
>this account has my hometown SMTP as the reply address. Given that I
>can
>check my hometown POP sever from AT&T, this method should work
>allowing
>me to send and receive from my hometown server without having to
>actually use the AT&T email address.If the recipient of one of these
>("spoofed"??) messages replies to it, their response is sent not to
>the
>originating AT&T email account, but to the one on my hometown KPU.net
>ISP.
>
>I know, it's not elegant, but it'll work...
>
>Thanks again for the responses.
>
>On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 20:34, Scott Jones wrote:
>> On Saturday 03 April 2004 10:54, Glenn wrote:

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!