Re: [SLE] <Resolution/Thanks> Sending email via SMTP that is not current dial-up ISP
  • From: Glenn <glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 04 Apr 2004 11:20:11 -0700
Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions regarding this.

The problem was that I'd wanted to be able to sent SMTP mail via a
specific server (while travelling) that was not my current ("on the
road") ISP.

I've solved this problem by creating another mail profile in Evolution
that uses both the AT&T SMTP and POP servers, however email sent from
this account has my hometown SMTP as the reply address. Given that I can
check my hometown POP sever from AT&T, this method should work allowing
me to send and receive from my hometown server without having to
actually use the AT&T email address.If the recipient of one of these
("spoofed"??) messages replies to it, their response is sent not to the
originating AT&T email account, but to the one on my hometown KPU.net
ISP.

I know, it's not elegant, but it'll work...

Thanks again for the responses.