Re: Re: 9.0 and nVidia
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:53:22 +0000
In a previous message, Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These days laptops come with HDTV TFT screens 1920x1200, not 1600) and these
> TFT screens do physically have 1920x1200 dots.

Wow - really? I've never seen an LCD screen with that sort of resolution at
less than GBP 1000 - it's only recently that desktop LCDs with 1600x1200
pixels have dropped below that price. And believe me, I'd love to find one
because I'd love to ditch this huge CRT on my desk, but I need the resolution.
If I could find an LCD for a decent price that could display such a
resolution, I'd buy it, but ATM I'm resigned to waiting a few years for the
price to drop.

If you can find such a screen then, of course, you should run at the physical
res of the screen - anything else will always produce distortion on an LCD
(except strict halvings of the res).

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games