Re: [SLE] Has anyone heard about this?
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:04:44 +0100
On Tuesday 21 October 2003 11:36, James Hatridge wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> A buddy sent me this:
> > In the meantime I put 9.0 on one of my machines, which was a bit painful
> > since there is a severe X-server bug which makes the machine crash the
> > moment after you log into a KDE session (the patch is already available
> > of course via YOU).
>
> Are any of you guys having this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
> Also if using YOU is the only way of fixing it, how does someone off line
> take care of it?

No problems here with a very nice 9.0 install, easier and smoother than ever
before. Mind you, i did download the available patches during installation,
and there is an Xserver patch available, so perhaps he does need it if he
didn't / couldn't update at install time.

The ones that look up his street are located at $YOURFAVOURITEMIRROR/pub/suse/
i386/update/9.0/rpm/i586/

XFree86-server-4.3.0.1-29.i586.patch.rpm
XFree86-4.3.0.1-29.i586.patch.rpm
xf86tools-0.1-751.i586.patch.rpm

and they should be installable with rpm -Fvh as root.
HTH
Fergus

--
Fergus Wilde