Re: [SLE] Yast 2 SUCKS !!!
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:28:59 -0700
* Michael Bartosh (mbartosh@xxxxxxx) [020801 16:22]:
::At 11:35 PM +0200 8/1/02, Philipp Thomas wrote:
::>No, it's definitely a step forward! After we introduced LSB conforming
::>init scripts and the necessary tools which LSB calls for, it was the
::>next logical step to remove the START_xxxx variables and to depend
::>solely one runlevel links.
::
::who cares about lsb??

Oh Pulease. The LSB is the most needed thing for Linux so that ISV's can
create software that works with every distribution so we won't see that
bloody sticker " Made for Redhat ". Sorry but those who refuse to change
are damned to stagnate and die. I for one will jump up and down for joy
when I just see "Made for Linux".

I'm not being cranky but damn Linux (SuSE) has changed a great deal
since 1996 when I first encountered it and it continues to evolve.
Somethings take longer to iron out then others but thems the breaks.
*shrug*

Heck personally I just figured out where they put the damn routing info
today *laugh* Even old dogs can figure new bums to sniff eh? ;)

-=Ben

mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
--=====--
Tell me what you believe..I tell you what you should see. -DP