SuSE 7.0 and IBM ViaVoice TTS
  • From: Tom Wesley <tawesley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 08:13:13 +0100
Hi,

Installed SuSE 7.0 then upgraded the kernel to 2.4.9. Also upgraded the alsa
modules from the source on the Alsa site.

After downlodaing and installing the IBM ViaVoice TTS Runtime Kit and
Developers Kit I am unable to make any examples work. They seem to hang after
initialising and then do nothing. I them ctrl+c the program and get on with
some other work. After about 20mins (maybe more), my computer will suddenly
come up with the mechanical "Hello world" or whatever, causing me to leap
10ft into the air.

Anyway I can get this working. I did have it working on an old Mandrake
installation, but have no idea what is different with the SuSE one?

Cheers,
Tom