Re: [SLE] Linux on the desktop at work - Summary of week 1
  • From: Gudmund Areskoug <fta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 22:17:23 +0200
Hi,

Oliver Ob wrote:
> I know about the locations. It's just that I feel they are TOO MANY.
>
> That makes a user losing overview.

in KDE (2.1) there are SuSE Help Center and KDE Help Center for
(point-and-click) overview, but they do seem in need of some
tweaking. Index man and info pages (Search > Update index) is grayed
out in KDE Help Center for some reason.

I tried Add... > /usr/share/doc/howto/en in "Additional search
paths", then "Generate index". Don't know if the the thread about
htdig going on right now may have something to do with my "Search"
button not working...

Reinventing the wheel is a neat challenge, like "hey, I think I'll
invent a _really_ good OS!" ;-). Good thing about this is, you can
actually do something about it in Linux (or KDE).

BR,
Gudmund