is # or ! a comment?
  • From: James McCreery <James.McCreery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:25:15 +0100
As I understood things, lines in a script that begin with a "#"
character are ignored and can be used for comments. I'm confused though
because I see other scripts that seem to use the "!" character to
comment-out lines and use the "#" character to begin lines containing
conditional syntax (if, endif, else etc). What's going on?

thanks.

james mccreery
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free from
viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is requested
to use their own virus checking software.

www.haymarketgroup.com