Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0
  • From: dougmack@xxxxxxxxxx (Doug McGarrett)
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:53:39 -0500

Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:53:39 -0500
From: Doug McGarrett <dougmack@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [SLE] Printing problem after upgrade to 7.0

I too had printer problems "out of the box." As per someone
on this list, I found the file that has the printer setup
info (I forget its name now) and deleted the whole file. Then
I went to YAST2 and set it up again, and for some reason it
now works properly. (It not only printed the test message,
but also an email. Before, it printed the test message, but
anything else came out as many, many pages of garbage.)
If my previous request for help is archived, the thread is
"frustrated." That's where the answer was posted. It was
near the end of the thread. (I also got sound to work
with some kind reader's assistance. Thanx to all who have
helped!) --doug

English manuals do exist for SuSE, but I'm not sure how you
would get them in Italy. They're pretty decent, also. Maybe
they can be downloaded?