Help with ssh 1 & 2
  • From: spunk@xxxxxxx (Spunk S. Spunk III)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:04:03 -0800

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:04:03 -0800
From: "Spunk S. Spunk III" <spunk@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Help with ssh 1 & 2

Man is this a pain in the butt or what...
I've been attempting to get ssh up and running and can't seem to grasp it.
If I'm understanding it correctly, I need sshd running on my server in order
for clients to connect. I suppose I need to install a client as well (on
server). I did install sshd2 from the SuSE ftp site and I have had it
running but have yet to get anything to connect to it. I'm trying to use
Nifty telnet (the secure version on Mac) but I believe it's ssh1. SO... how
do set up ssh2 to support both 1 and 2? Do I need 1 and 2 both running on my
server? and what do I do about making a key? (do I put it in my home
directory?)

TIA,
Spunk