Re: [SLE] Installing via NFS
  • From: gaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jerry Feldman)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:07:07 -0400

This is exactly how we did the NFS installs at the Boston Linux and Unix group's installfests:

Server: VALinux server.
Mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
Export /cdrom

Client: Starts install selecting NFS install from YaST.
Make sure that your network card is configured. You probably need to
load the appropriate module.

Client: YaST requests CD change.

Server: Umount /cdrom.
Eject CD and insert requested CD.
Mount the CD again.

Client: Stike any key to allow YaST to proceed.

This was a bit of a pain, but did work. The client machine was a read dog 486. We had to borrow a working network card for it because its network card was either unsupported or DOA.

You can install multiple systems this way at the same time, but you must coordinate them.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group