Re: [SLE] Is Linux Ready?
  • From: mhtexcollins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Admiral Michael H. Collins)
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:39:27 -0500

I will address the "Where would we be without M4?"

We would not even look at computers in the same way as we do now. Your
grannie would use computers on a daily basis and never even know it. The
platforms would look nothing like they do today. There would be a
different paradigm to using computers that you cannot even grasp because
you have aligned yourself with M$ and believe all the innovation BS M$
marketeers produce.

Microsoft has stifled the way computers are percieved for long enough.
Where would we be without M$ INDEED?

We would be so far beyond the PC even I probably cannot imagine all the
different ways things would be tied to computers. I think firstly they
would probably not be called computers, just appliances for getting the
job done, whatever that job is. Thw wintel platform has stifled all
thought about the way things could be.

My two cents

--
Michael H. Collins http://www.linuxlink.com
Admiral of OpenSourcery Penguinista Navy