RE: [SLE] Is Linux Ready?

> However this does
> not stop people enguaging on the "fool's errand" of trying to find a
> way to treat HTML authoring as DTP.

I disagree! There is nothing fool hardy about developing a web page in very
much the same way you design DTP. This is the goal of "WYSIWYG" Web
development packages. By WYSIWYG (the term started in the first thread of
this email) for the purpose of these emails we mean what you design is what
you see on the browser. And by WYSIWYG it is obvious we mean like VB.

And, yes, they push the boundaries of the browsers - but at the end of the
day it is a language - and programming languages today always push the
boundaries of whatever it is run on.

But, of course - the crap tools produce html that even the best fall over
on. But get yourself a good tool and this doesn't happen. Unless you use
NS4.x that is :)

Kev