RE: [SLE] Is Linux Ready?

Not all WYSIWYG editors produce rubbish.
Read my other post mentioning DreamWeaver. The code is tight and very easy
to maintain. It is a professional tool for professionals. I take it you
haven't tried version 3?
I do agree, most older editors were poor - but try some of the new ones and
you'll be switching between positioning and fine tuning hand coding in no
time.

If I had a choice of producing professional websites quickly and easily or
by hand coding - I'd choose the easy, quick way everytime. Why make life
difficult for yourself? I started off, like any other web designer, by hand
coding web pages. Yes, it is possible - but I achieve the same end result
in a fraction of the time with DreamWeaver. And when I do something faster
and better I get paid more and quicker. In fact, I'm looking at our
intranet web site - no impossible code there. All designed in DW3. The only
time I hand edit something is when I'm inserting PHP.

And, to make efficient use of WYSIWYG editors, you do have to have a
fundamental knowledge of HTML and any scripting that might go with it.
Otherwise you produce tacky "Bedroom" web pages.

And... to go back to the original post... I think the point I'm emphasising
and agreeing with the first post of this - Linux needs a DreamWeaver.

Kev