Re: [SLE] Is Linux Ready?
  • From: jpennington@xxxxxxxxx (Jon Pennington)
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:54:22 -0500

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 09:18:19AM -0800, Rusty wrote:

> To cut to the quick of this matter, it seems that the only HTML editors
> for Linux are the same old sorry text editors, i.e., jed, joe, pico and
> every masochist's dream vi and all of it's incarnations.

Um, in short, no. Firstly, you're looking in the wrong place. I
love TUCOWS, but you wouldn't look for Windows software at a
Macintosh repository, would you? The best place to look for GNU/Linux
software IMNSHO is Freshmeat. http://freshmeat.net/

Bluefish is a competent editor, as is KWebDev. IBM recently `released'
their Windows site management software, but it only runs with their
special version of WINE (Bad IBM! Bad, Bad!). There are even lots of
useful plugins for The GIMP to help you get off to the right start with
site design and image creation (buttons, etc).

Oh, yeah. There's always, um, Netscape ;). Just kidding.

--
-=|JP|=- "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington | Atipa Linux Solutions -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3 2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C