Re: [SLE] WordPerfect for linux
  • From: bobbyg@xxxxxxxxxx (Bobby Geortgilakis)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:46:52 +1300

Hi All & Jeroen Verstegen,

who wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks Bobby,
>
> I'm not a keen WP user either. I used to work with WP51 in the old days but
> started working with Word 1.0 as soon as it came out and never went back to
> WP. Anyways, no Word for Linux as yet and because of the recent discussions
> about Linux as a desktop OS, I thought I'd give it a try.
> I do think the way to get Linux accepted by the 'public' there should be
> easy to learn office applications. Maybe Corel is starting something with
> CorelOffice. So lets all try it out as much as possible.

<snip>

Just a wee note of clarification hereabouts; I am a very keen WordPerfect user.
Yes, it is now somewhat legendary, how the original WordPerfect people, that
Mormon crowd, screwed up big time when they released a GUI version and then of
course, the Borg got stuck in with FUD & Word_for-BORG & that was that until
Corel picked up the ball and are still runing with it @ some speed.

I must say too, that Star Office is supposed to be ok, but I am a WordPerfect
guy so, I have been using the Freeware version & am hanging out for the Full
Office Suite!

Now, back to trying to find a free mirror to down load XFree86-4. They were all
rather crowded last night & I can not thing why.... ;-)

Happy Geeking.

Greek Geek :-)

*BFN*