[SLE] All-in-Wonder 128 and Xi and 6.4 (and...)
  • From: jmgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx (John Grant)
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 02:48:20 -0800 (PST)

I just took a look at xig.com's list of gfx drivers, hoping to find one that
will work with an All-in-Wonder 128. On the page at:

http://www.xig.com/Pages/3D-LGD-List.html

.. I found the board listed, but no driver (yet?) available for DL.

I do see drivers for the ATI Rage Fury Pro, Rage Fury, and Rage Magnum
however. Any chance that any of these will work? Are the chipsets
similar enough? It doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to give
me a good idea of how the board performs so I can decide if I want to
keep it or not.

BTW, I was able to get the board working using XFree 3.3.6 upgrade RPM
from the SuSE ftp site. I had to use xf86config to set it up, and the
"no_accel" option in XF68Config s still needed to get readable text.
However, with that it is working in X, albeit slowly.

Is the support in 3.9.18(?) any better? With 4.0 so close I'm not sure
I want to get into that though. :) Will 4.0 be on the 6.4 SuSE distr
or are the releases too far out of phase? If not, will there be an
update at some point to update whatever comes out with 6.4 to XFree 4.0?
I need/want to get 6.4 (using 6.1 now) to upgrade the glibc but I don't
want to upgrade again until the 2.4 kernels come out and have been
beaten on a bit.

Anyway, TIA for any answers,

-John