[SLE] Re: backing up a partition[2]
  • From: stefan.troeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Stefan Troeger)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 23:58:55 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 22:31 -0000, Phil Shrimpton wrote:

> > From: Stefan Troeger [mailto:stefan.troeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Afio supports PGP encrypted archives.
>
> Is there a man page for Afio or other info/examples? I need to back-up the
> partition nightly (Cron job I would imagine) and then move it to an NT
> directory for the main network back-up. But the back-up file needs to be
> totally unreadable on any platform unless the user has the password.

If you have the afio package installed you have a manual page
(man afio). Plus there are a few example scripts in the source
distribution. If you're planning to use PGP encrypted archives
with afio get the latest version (2.4.6) from metalab.unc.edu.
Earlier versions have an encryption related bug.

Ciao,
Stefan