Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xorg (8 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-xorg] VNC via xorg: How to get a working keyboard layout?
  • From: Johannes Kastl <ojkastl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:41:30 +0200
Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right list, if not dont hesitate to tell me.

I am using the vnc-feature, that Yast/Sax2 has, to publish the whole
x-server via vnc. This adds some entries in xorg.conf, and works like a
charm. As soon as the x-server is up, I can connect to it via vnc.

BUT: If I am using vncviewer on another linux machine, I do not get a
working keyboard layout. And this far I have found no way to tell either
the vnc-server or the viewer which layout I would like to use. When
connecting from a mac via JollysFastVNC I can tell the viewer to use the
remote layout, and then I get the layout I want.

Any thoughts/hints/tricks? Where to change that setting? xorg? vnc.conf?
When starting the viewer?

Thanks in advance,
OJ
in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
This Thread
  • No further messages