Re: [opensuse-wiki] Why is this acceptable?
On 2017-01-20 09:48, Christoph Wickert wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:49:56 -0800
PatrickD Garvey <> wrote:

What is the new SUSE LLC employee provided to learn DocBook and the
SUSE LLC documentation team's style in using DocBook?

Hi Patrick,

that's a good question, because it reminds me of some resources I
forgot to mention earlier. :-(

Before I joined SUSE, I worked at Kolab Systems. The documentation for
the Kolab Groupware Server was (but no longer is) written in DocBook,
too. So I already knew some bits, but my knowledge was *very* limited.
After almost 10 months at SUSE, I still consider my DocBook skills
limited compared to my colleagues.

The first thing I was given to read when I joined SUSE was the DAPS
user guide [1]. I not only read it but provided feedback and fixed
errors I found during reading.

I have a curiosity.

How about using LyX? As I remember, it includes docbook support, and it
is WYMIWYG (what you mean is what you get). There is some visual
indication of how the document is going to look (not fully).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

List Navigation