Re: [opensuse-wiki] Transferring articles
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:18:09 +0200
On 07/14/2010 07:50 PM, Matthew Ehle wrote:
Tim,

It's a good question, and at least right now, I can say the answer is no.
Normally, when iChain sees that one of the backend servers is down, it will
not try to use it for anything. However, with
all the weird stuff that was going on since yesterday, we started wondering
the same thing that you did, so we manually removed the broken server out of
the iChain configuration.

I see two possibilities here. One is that we installed two new extensions
yesterday and one of them is causing problems. The other, and probably most
likely, is that this has always happened and it
is only noticeable when trying to do an import. Any other ideas, anyone?

I am quite sure this always happened, I also have reports that saving pages
sometimes fails.
Which I was able to reproduce even in the old wiki. Our login code seems
to have a bug especially when doing the auto-login. I will have to look into
that,
but unfortunately are busy with the release and release party today.

Greetings

Tim Mohlmann <muhlemmer@xxxxxxxxx> 7/14/2010 11:37 AM >>>
Not an expert but... is iChain still trying to log in users on the
broken server? Dividing load or something. Login being a secure
connection, so a different port then ordinary traffic, so might be in
different config? Something like that.