[opensuse-wiki] Portal page template
  • From: Tim Mohlmann <muhlemmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:08:40 +0200
Hi guys,

Yesterday I created a new portal. I encountered a small bug. When a
sub-page is edited, it doesn't get updated in the static box until I
click edit and then save on the Portal main page. When a article is
created or removed, the Project main page does get updated, including
the earlier edits in other subpage. I remember to encountered the same
bug when I edited a custom Navbar template (Template:openSSHNav). The
Navbar didn't get updated in the pages showing it, until the edit
-save action for each page.

Also, working on the Portal I found some things that may be improved:

Make templates to create a static box in one command.

Create in a template called "Template:Portal intro box"

{{Box-header|<big>Welcome to the {{PAGENAME}}
Portal</big>|{{FULLPAGENAME}}/Intro|}}
{{:{{FULLPAGENAME}}/Intro}}
{{Box-footer|}}

Create in template called "Template:Portal static box"

{{Box-header|{{{1}}}|{{FULLPAGENAME}}/{{{1}}}|}}
{{:{{FULLPAGENAME}}/{{{1}}}}}
{{Box-footer|}}

Create in template called "Template:Portal news box"

{{Box-header|In the news|{{FULLPAGENAME}}/News|}}
{{{{FULLPAGENAME}}/News}}
{{Box-footer|[[{{FULLPAGENAME}}/News/Archive|More news...]]}}

And a featured article page template would be nice, where a number of
static boxes is created displaying all the Featured articles. I now
created one manually on
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Portal:KIWI-LTSP/Featured_article. It would
be nice that the number of boxes created here correspond to the max=
in {{Random portal component with nominate|max=5|header=Featured
article|footer=More articles...| subpage=Featured article}} which is
put on the Portal page.

If you guys agree, I can create the static box templates. The featured
article template however... I got no idea how to realize this.

Greets, Tim