[opensuse-wiki] Re: Scripts in the Wiki Template
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 02:34:09 +0200
Hello Rajko, hello List,

Am Donnerstag 01 Juli 2010 01:24:15 wrote Rajko M.:
AFAIK you have done two weeks ago in our
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Template:Weekly_news_full improvements. Anything
like $FORUM_SUBSCRIBERS ($FORUM_SUBSCRIBERS_DIFF) registered users

Is it possible to fetch this Issues automaticly?

I did not work on that, but basic idea is to fetch numbers automatically,
and to automatically fill in Weekly news, by replacing $VARIABLE with
actual value.

I CC this to wiki list, so that people there can see and help.

What is the idea?
To have stats that are published in each Weekly news automatically updated.

For instance, use variables in wiki text and fill in values every week
before publishing.
==openFATE Team
===Statistics===
Total: $OPENFATE_TOTAL $OPENFATE_TOTAL_DIFF
Unconfirmed:$OPENFATE_UNCONFIRMED $OPENFATE_UNCONFIRMED_DIFF
New: $OPENFATE_NEW $OPENFATE_NEW_DIFF
Evaluation: $OPENFATE_EVALUATION $OPENFATE_EVALUATION_DIFF
Candidate: $OPENFATE_CANDIDATE $OPENFATE_CANDIDATE_DIFF
Done: $OPENFATE_DONE $OPENFATE_DONE_DIFF
Rejected: $OPENFATE_REJECTED $OPENFATE_REJECTED_DIFF
Duplicate: $OPENFATE_DUPLICATE $OPENFATE_DUPLICATE_DIFF

There are similar stats for bugzilla, forums and mail lists.

There is solution that script will load all stats in one article weekly
and then we can substitute it to the Weekly news article itself, just
before release. The other is to work on weekly news text directly.

Substitution is similar how templates work (transclusion), but it is
permanent change to the wiki text. The syntax is {{subst:Some_article}} .

So we need ideas how this can be solved the easiest possible way.
I've added a new Site: http://wiki.opensuse.org/Template_talk:Weekly_news_full
There anyone can play with this.It would
be great if we find an Solution. :-)
--
Sincerely yours

Sascha Manns