Re: [opensuse-wiki] Template Sablon:PointHere used in Weekly news
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:18:20 -0600
On Sunday 07 February 2010 07:29:38 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
Sascha,

any issues here?

There was question on IRC.

HeliosReds asked me do they have to remove Sablon:PointHere from older
articles on ja.o.o.

The answer is that is not mandatory.
I removed all for 2 reasons:

1) I should have done that long ago when there was few articles, but then I
didn't know how to automate find and replace, or function did not exist in
browser, and it would take quite some time to fix all articles manually.

2) It was opportunity to measure how long it takes to perform relatively
simple operation [1] on mass of articles, about 110 if them, with precondition
that final result has to be clean and all possible issues solved on the run,
including notice to interested parties via the depreciated template and mail
list. Here I was missing wiki forum, as message to general chat forum would be
the same as message to offtopic-opensuse mail list. Nobody there really cares.

The result is about 90 minutes per person.
There was no major issues, beside Konqueror showed another 1, or maybe 2 bugs
(font size and CSS loading), but that is another pair of shoes.

[1] Simple operation was:
1) Open page from the list in another tab,
2) open page for edit,
3) couple of keystrokes to find and replace,
4) save article,
5) go to 1)

--
Regards Rajko,