Re: [opensuse-wiki] Re: Mentoring session - December 27th, 17h00 UTC
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:15:55 +0100
Mike Gentry wrote:
You may be thinking about it too hard. :)

What, me think? yep, that could be what happened..

for sure there seems to be folks that know a LOT more about the
software side of the caring and feeding wikis than i do, i guess those
are the folks that have been designing the skeleton on which words and
articles now need to be hung..

i tried to understand all the mumbo-jumbo about templates, portals,
namespaces and and and and.....and finally figured out that those
things don't interest me in the least....and feel if we have the best
"wiki team" who ever lived (and i sure we do) design, implement and
transition to the new underlying skeleton then about 10% of the total
work will have been done and the really important stuff (the words our
users and potential users need) still have to be hung on the
bones...or, the project will be a total failure..

see, i thought i was joining a "wiki team" wordsmiths...i have finally
today seen the error of my thinking...

Deck the halls with boughs of holly (or balls of Charlie)...Peace on
Earth, goodwill toward all..

DenverD