Re: [opensuse-wiki] Mentoring session - December 27th, 17h00 UTC
  • From: Rupert Horstkötter <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:53:48 +0100
DenverD,

2009/12/22 DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>:

Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
To all attendees (wiki team and forums squad) ... Remy will explain
the Article transition/reviewing process [1] to all forum squad
attendees. Certainly the wiki team should listen here as well.

please explain all the differences between the "wiki team" and "forums
squad".. (i do realize that this may all be laid out somewhere on the
mail list and i missed it by join too late...if so, i'll go back and
read up on the history, but if it is not documented, then)

is one a sub-set of the other, or what?

if one group is viewed as 'over' and/or superior to the other, please
explain how that came about..

that is, who ('the openSUSE community' as a whole, Novell, or ???)
made the hierarchical decisions, and granted powers to one or the other?

can an individual be on both the team and squad?

how might one decide to which s/he wishes to be part of?

We have no strict definition for that actually. The Wiki team is
referred to the people actually doing the transition, planning the
Usability Concept and implementing it. Those people that are
contributing to the Wiki for ages and try to be helpful in explaining
what the transition is all about (i.e. "my" team). The forums squad is
referred to the volunteers willing to step up and help us with the
actual article transition, i.e. reviewing the content we have. We
fortunately managed to gain a real crowd of contributors over at the
openSUSE forums and due to the plain numbers, we call them the forums
"squad". That said, there's no hierarchy between those people (we're
community) but due to organizational purposes (the Wiki team and I
discussed and worked on the Usability Concept for months now) we need
to make sure that we all work hand in hand and you cannot expect that
the forums squad is fully aware of the process .. Thus we do a
mentoring session. The organization of the Wiki Team is btw my
(questionable) courtesy. I actually try my best to keep the big
picture in mind.

HTH

just wondering,
DenverD