Re: [opensuse-wiki] Style Guide: handling devices
  • From: Mike Gentry <mike.h.gentry.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:03:05 +0000
Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 20 December 2009 00:37:28 DenverD wrote:
Removing explicit carriage returns is also mentioned in the thread - I
guess that can only help.
i agree and wonder if maybe it shouldn't be

sdX, sdY, sdX, etc

The above is already very often used in discussions with people that have idea that /dev/sdX (etc) does not exist and must be substituted with something real like a, b, c etc.
I just corrected the Linux section of the article http://en.opensuse.org/Live_USB_stick to use /dev/sdX .

Looks good to me - and less syntactically messy than italics. I guess the 's' term varies as well, but is often enough known when you're writing something, especially now the 'h's have more or less disappeared.