Re: [opensuse-wiki] Forum squad introductions.
  • From: Mike Gentry <mike.h.gentry.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:34:34 +0000

I didn't see anywhere where people were introducing themselves after the recent recruitment drive - even the message board on the wiki team page is blank. Maybe I've missed it - or maybe you're just referring to people who have edited the older content?

Jon Rocker wrote:
> Mike, maybe you could do some writing on Notebooks and Netbooks. Since
> I don't own one yet, I have no experience with them. Maybe you could
> edit or add to http://en.opensuse.org/GRUB In my opinion, there is
> certainly room to add content there.
>
> However, before anyone does any editing or adding, please see either
> myself or spyhawk in IRC, so we can go over some details.
>
> I certainly appreciate all those who have joined, and Mike, I
> appreciate you taking the initiative to introduce yourself here on the
> mailing list.
>
> Respectfully
> Jon Rocker

I think I know enough grub to be able to search for the bits I don't know myself - with sufficient oversight, of course.

Presumably the IRC session mentioned on the forum is still planned for an as yet unknown date...

I can fully understand you not wanting us to charge off and start editing the wiki pages themselves - a task of this Herculean scale definitely needs coordination. But in the meantime, are the discussion pages off limits too? Can we post relevant questions / comments on the discussion page of the proposed style guide, for example, or is it easier if we stick to the list / IRC and leave the wiki alone entirely?

Champing at the bit, me. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, both of you - and hello John! Congratulations on just volunteering yourself for three times as much work! ;)

[Resent - Sorry for the off-list reply, Rajko. These contraptions will take a little getting used to...]