Re: [opensuse-wiki] New wiki host: Final preparations
  • From: Rupert Horstkötter <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:50:08 +0100
Javier,

2009/12/17 John E. Perry <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>:
Javier Llorente wrote:

I would name it "Welcome" instead of "Welcome to openSUSE wiki" (it's a bit
long in my opinion).

A problem I see with just "Welcome" is that too many web sites use that
as the name of their entry page.  So I have to edit many of my bookmarks
to give a meaningful name, otherwise I have a sidebar full of Welcomes
and no way to find the site I want without either opening the bookmark's
properties box or opening the site itself.

How about "openSuSE Wiki Welcome" instead? Gives the needed information
up front so you don't have to depend upon tooltips.  In any case, just
"Welcome" is useless imo.

Now that all the hard stuff seems to be winding down, maybe you could
give me something easy to contribute to? Sorry to just disappear as I
did, but you guys went much too fast for me, and it seemed better not to
get in the way.  I really do want to contribute.

This is certainly much appreciated. We have defined 6 action items -
they are outlined at
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-wiki/2009-12/msg00040.html
I'd like to ask you to contact the respective assignees, sync up with
their current status and ask how to help them (for the AI you're
interested in)

Thanks,

John Perry

Rupert Horstkötter, open-slx gmbh