Re: [opensuse-wiki] AI2, AI 5 & AI6 Status report
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:11:58 +0530
Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
Shayon,

Well, I got mixed feeling about the results I obtained.

Looking at the pages that actually use TOCright (
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:TOCright ) and
playing with the page I newly created (
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Article_Template2 ), we can observe
lot of inconsistency depending on the content of the page.
Sometime the TOC integrate well into the page, sometimes it pulls down
all the text leaving a large blank space (specially when we use a wide
Template such as Info or Warning).. I think it's also not easy to
correct it everywhere, because even though we can modify all
templates, the effects of the TOC depend on the length of the TOC
(length of article) and the length of the headings and section title.

For the moment, I would go using the horizontal TOC to give a more
consistent, professional aspect to the wiki.

Well i also agree with Remy regarding the use of horizontal TOC but as
we a current topic with the TOCright so in concerned to that i have made
a test [1] as an alternative , which would help in minimizing the white
space which happens due to the reasons mentioned above (by Remy) but i
guess that is what 85% satisfaction.Also the the test would work with
minimum two headings or until n unless we have a TOC.Rest all depends on
the content of the text which would fit in , as right now i made the
Knowledge Bar fit simultaneously with the TOCright , which moreover
looks prominent .If its perfectly satisfactory then we can go with it too.

Unfortunately you haven't referenced [1].

Oh i am really sorry , the link is -
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Article_Template2

Shayon Mukherjee
openSUSE Wiki Team