[opensuse-wiki] wiki update: Status report
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:21:07 +0100
Hi,

I'd like to give you a short status overview of where we are with the wiki
upgrade. If you have other issues with the wiki you would like to see fixed,
please let me know by writing an email to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A big thank you to my colleague Matt who fixed most of the bugs.

Fixed issues:

1. Caching
Due to caching errors either wrong pages or pages in a wrong language have
been delivered. This issue has been solved.
2. No thumbnail generation
3. File uploads not working
4. Missing Images on the Japanese wiki
5. No PDF (and other file formats) upload
6. SDB articles are missing
Namespaces for SDB, howtos and FAQ were not configured
7. No subpages
8. </li> tags visible on the starting page
9. Two green lines at the end of each page
10. InputBox extension missing
Initially we had problems with InputBox, but it works now

Work in progress:

1. Missing sponsor images
Already fixed on de and en, I will do the other language wikis later today
2. New wiki instance wiki,opensuse.org
3. Installation of new extensions

Feedback wanted:

1. Recent changes link no longer working from left nav
I wasn't able to get this working again, so I removed the link. Seems this
page can only be accesses via Special:Spacialpages. If you are a MediaWiki
template guru and know how to solve this issue, drop me a note.
2. Edit-toolbar is not available
Has this been available in the past? I cannot remember having seen it. Nor
have I found a way to enable/disable it (apart from the user prefrences, of
course)

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)