Re: [opensuse-wiki] Interwiki redirects
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:54:59 +0200
Nikolay Derkach wrote:
В сообщении от 16 апреля 2007 jdd написал(a):
Nikolay Derkach wrote:
Well, then what is the correct way for pointing to other wikis?
the better way is to keep the english title on a redirect page (that
is a page with the same title than english page, with only a #redirect
<real page name>

so it's easy to make the link from any page without knowing the local
name...

jdd

jdd, could you please rephrase or give an example? I haven't understood what do you mean here.

say you want to translate the (imaginary) "Document reading" english page to the ru wiki.

* You create a "ru.opensuse.org/Document reading" page (the very same title than the english one)

* you rename this page to whatever name is good for ru wiki. This creates automatically fill the ru Document reading page with "#redirect [[<ru page>]]". Alternatively if the ru page is already existent, you create the Document reading page and fill it manually with the redirect

* then _all_ the interwiki links are of the form [[country:Document reading]]. that is here [[ru:Document reading]]

the important part is that you don't need understanding the target language to be able to link to it. I'ts only mandatory to use the english IW link and to update the english page to have all pages linked

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Lucien Dodin, inventeur